Did the thing last night where your radio alarm is set to go off at some semi-early time, but you body is like "oh hu-ellz no, fuck all that noise!" so you don't wake up, you just incorporate the radio commercials into your dream.
so i'm sitting here dreaming about going to dunkin doughnuts with my coworker johnathan, and for some reason i'm in there sweeping (it's my second job?) in a starbucks-green polo, and just gawking at the doughnuts and muffins and shakes (oh my!). I'm doing this sweeping dance, weaving between long lines of customers surrounded by cases and cases of colorful sprinkled and chocolate pastries stacked to the ceiling.
"while visions of sugarplums danced in their heads"
i ended up with some sort of java chip frappuccino looking beverage with chocolate cookie and/or cake crumbles on top, so i guess that's a happy ending...
find that i tend to dream more vividly and remember better when my sleep schedule is off and/or i've got exciting thoughts floating around. probly logical reasons to dream more.
next, or probably before actually, i dreamt about being in a cool apartment and having a fire drill. somebody had to save the kittens, who were in the process of taking a bath i suppose, cause they were soaked and their hair was all matted. so i'm carrying this tiny grey kitten over my shoulder, down flights and flights of stairs, running into all sorts of old friends who just happen to live in my complex (i'm always going to summer camp or college or work with people from the wrong association). so anyway we reach the ground level and after some venice-like twists and turns we get to this courtyard with everyone gathering outside. I run into El, who has a small black puppy in her right hand, and puppy poop in her left hand, like "whoops". (why i subconsciously want a cat. cats, of course, don't have accidents). She introduces me to some friend she's with, and i go to shake his hand but then i'm like "um, sorry, i've kinda got cat hands." So, yknow, whatever in hades that means.
Oh, and the whole "dunkin's coffee won the national taste test over starbucks" thing is just so desperate. like, really guys. come on. "hey! we're POP-ular!"
current mood: blurry eye-y
current music: jamie foxx f/ ludacris - unpredicatble
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your dreams got read out loud to the apartment. We had great fun with them.
You were in my dream last night. I don't really remember why, but it was good to see you again!
I never dream anymore :( Instead I just sleep walk my way across the room, turn off my alarm, and go back to bed.
And I dunno if those national taste test results were fabricated, but DD does have good coffee. It's just WAY too acidic, and I always feel horrible after I drink it. Which is why I stick to Starbucks :)
Post a Comment